Featured Not resolved
1.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

First of Synchrony Bank has become WAY too big. I cannot believe that they control SO MANY credit lines!

CHEVRON/TEXACO

CARE CREDIT

PAYPAL CONNECT

AMAZON

JC PENNEYS

and I am certain the list is much longer.

I am in the process of paying off debt, lowering my balances below 50% of credit line limits to help strengthen my score, only to have Synchrony Bank lower the credit lines to just above the remaining balance to keep the overall percentages higher!

Here is just one example, although they have done this to me on EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT I have with them...

I have had a credit limit of $1200 on my Chevron/Texaco account for several years. Until recently, I have carried the balance over $1000, but just 30 days ago, paid off the entire balance as I use the card at the pump regularly because of convenience and because of the recent scams of "scam readers" at the pumps.

In less than a month, Synchrony has dropped my credit line to $260 when I had a $200 balance, which in California is about a month's worth of gas.

This practice cannot be right, especially with the fact that they have done this to every single one of my accounts with them where I have paid the balances down to less than 50% of the limits, where now, due to their actions, I am back to where I started, ALL of my balances are again at nearly 90% of my limits.

THANKS FOR NOTHING SYNCHRONY BANK!

I am now going to do every thing in my power to bring action.

Product or Service Mentioned: Synchrony Bank Credit Card.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Totally disgusted with there strong arm tactics, Unethical.

Comments

That is horrible!! ...and FYI, while ...S.y.n.c.h.r.o.n.y finances HALF of all accounts, C.o.m.e.n.i.t.y finances the OTHER half.

Stay away from them too!! Some of the businesses that C........ handles are Mei.jer, Big.Lots, Victoria's..Secret, Pier.1, David's.Bridal, and MANY MORE!! What a frikking horrible way to do business!!

Pay it the rest of the way off, and cut up the that card!!! Good luck to you!

GrouchyCuscus184
to MrsHubbyD #1618737
They are white collar crime at its highest level.. Very impressive credit card """scam"""" Corporation, they have consumers brainwashed, bound & gagged by their team of corporate lawyers & this 0% deferred-interest scheme which is the most ""dangerous"" credit skeme invented since subprime housing Lending but this scams even more profitable for the banks due to mandatory arbitration clauses & shady collection practices & credit reporting that put them in total control of your future income. Yes what mouth-watering American SHOPPER is not easily hooked by a giant 0% Hi there sweety :) hold my CC in your hand while you walk through 100+ retail stores, we'll hold the door open for you haha ( while our executive team sit on a private beach laughing sipping margaritas as their profits soar 35% on a laptop when ""any"" unsuspecting consumer's transaction goes wrong)
sandralynndavis

What they’re doing is totally legal. All CC companies do it. They are in business to make money, not help you with your credit score.

GrouchyCuscus184
to sandralynndavis #1618742

Some credit card companies like Discover are ethical & build relationships with their customer base... Yes liability limiting is an item on the top of synchronous portfolio butt Get your facts straight Sand~blabla..

Synchrony is only out to set Frontline smiley faced 0% traps & ruin relationships on the "backend" by cheating on everyone like out of control boyfriend or girlfriend. Many consumers can't handle the speed or complexity of their Deferred-interest scam

This practice while not right to your mind is legal. CC companies can and will cut your limit if your debt to income ratio is too high meaning if they see you with a bunch of one off cards and other stuff like slow payments and other debts, they can get you.

They can cut your limit if you're not using the card and move that limit to someone else. They're aware of the credit utilization bump(raising credit by having a bunch one off card) game to raise your score and will play as long as they think they can make money and won't get hurt. They're not doing this to help you out and you shouldn't expect them. The big thing is to get your credit card balance down to from 25% to 30% , not 50%.

I'm guessing if you read what you agreed to, they told you this could happen... And no, I don't work for (insert company).