Featured Not resolved
2.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

My father was diagnosed with Dementia in August. His Neurologist advised us to get power of attorney and that dad can no longer drive.

Dad can not handle his personal financial business as he becomes confused and agitated. As his daughter and the financial minded one in the family (I'm getting my accounting degree) I stepped up to handle things. I contact Synchrony as dad has four credit cards with them, Care Credit, JcPenneys, Walmart and Sam's. I contacted Synchrony and explained who I was and my dad's situation.

I asked what they needed besides the P.O.A. to allow me and the family to handle dad's cards. Also an address to mail the paperwork. The unhelpful agent, who's first language was not English, kept repeating over and over that they could only speak the card holder!

I kept trying to explain about dad's Dementia, but he just kept chanting he could only speak to the card holder. I finally ended up screaming " WHAT PART OF DEMENTIA DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" I then demanded to speak to a supervisor. The Supervisor was equally unhelpful and equally rude. I demanded to speak to his supervisor.

He argued with me about getting his supervisor. He finally relented and got his supervisor. I explained the situation to this supervisor and he begrudgingly gave me the mailing address to sent the paperwork and exactly what all we needed to send.

If your loved one has any Synchrony Bank cards and you have to take over their finances due Dementia or Alzheimer, I advise hiring an attorney. I also recommend avoiding their cards at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Synchrony Bank Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Develop a plan and put in place to deal with these sorts of instances..

I didn't like: Rude customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 13, 2017.

Comments

Custermer care centers for most banks these days are generally large call centers that contract to thousands of bank clients. The call center reps have no access to see paperwork like a power of attorney.

Also, as the CSR or supervisor is not an employee of the bank you're trying to reach, they can't inform you what paperwork is needed.

The first person you spoke with should have asked if your father was available to give permission to speak to you. I am a former call center csr.

to Bunnie #1594207

Bunny- I was not asking them to LOOK at a Power of Attorney. I was asking for a mailing address or fax number so that I could send them the Power of Attorney so that they could work with me since there was no one but dad on that account.

I stated dad has DEMENTIA like Alzheimer's. Yet you just Polly-parroted what the know-nothings in the India called kept chanting "We can only speak to the card holder". Obviously with DEMENTIA dad's isn't able to handle his finances. If I tried to put him on the phone he'd become agitated and probably cuss out the CSR.

Your comment shows your complete and total ignorance.

You have proved that call centers only hire ignorant people with little to no education or common sense. Please go and get some education.

to Bunnie #1594211

Obviously she proves that call center only hires those with little to no education or sense. Her ignorant mentality is obviously showing as well as a lack of comprehension skills.

They are headquartered in Atlanta Ga. and they don't care for anyone or anything but profit ethical or not.

Wow, Synchrony must have the most ignorant representatives , from whatever backward country they're from. If they can't understand, you're father;s illness, they have no business waiting on the public.

I have already shut down my accts.

with them, because of they're poor customer service. They deserve some lawsuits.