Verified Reviewer

I got a credit card from Synchrony because of Guitar Center. I made some purchases and paid in time for the first year and then I did not purchase anything for 13 months.

Between that time my credit score went from good to excellent and instead of them giving me more credit they decided all of a sudden to lower my credit. That was reported to the credit bureaus and ended up lowering my credit score.

I called Synchrony asking them to review their un-called act against my credit score. I told them that if they feel like customers not buying is a way to measure the credit amount this should be mentioned when I first got the card and also before they do such act they should inform me, maybe warn me that I need to buy something. I only wanted them to bring my credit to what it was before and report the credit bureaus so that my credit score would go back.

It took them a month going up in their scales of decision and finally I got a message from Taylor Wiley (Corporate Specialist, Consumer Relations): "We understand that the lowering of your credit line might be upsetting or inconvenient for you, and we regret we had to take this action, especially since you are a valued customer.

Our position remains the same. We regret any frustration this matter may have caused."

I would like to make it clear that this is not about the money or the points, this is about customer care. I took time to show them that I was frustrated with a decision and that they could review it to keep me as a customer. My credit with Synchrony was 5,000 and they lowered to 4,000.

My overall credit with all my credit cards are more than 200,000 so 500 dollars makes no difference but I only want to give my business to people that care about it.

Unfortunately I will have to stop buying from guitar center because it's their partner for financing. Hope that GC finds a bank that takes care of their customers as they do, then I can go back to them

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS BANK.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Synchrony Bank Cons: Random reduction of credit limit.

Location: West Chester Township, Ohio