Verified Reviewer

IS IT A SCAM ? I had several interest free promos in the past few years through Lowes/Synchrony Bank.

Whenever I paid then in store, or by phone, I would have to call in, and confirm the payment, could they see it, and allocate it, and tell them to remove the interest. Many times, I would double check, and they said all was fine/paid etc. I started to notice my bill and pmts. had skyrocketed.

I called, and they told me nothing wrong. Then, I started to wonder if they had not deducted the promos I paid from my balance. I called again yesterday, and was told that the promo payments I made were not allocated properly. I reiterated, so it was your fault ?

Yes, she said. She said she could see that I made the specific promo payments. When I asked where they went to, I was told "elsewhere," with no specifics. WHERE?

She said she did not know.

THEN, I was told that I still owe on the expired promotions I PAID, THAT EXPIRED. I was in total shock !! Where did my payments go to ? How could they remove the interest when I called, and not credit the promo payment due, accompanied by the interest ?

Did someone reset my whole account? I called so many times in the past. The Synchrony account mgr on a Saturday told me, Nothing she could do, and multiple fake I'm sorrys. She said there was nobody higher to look into it, and it will take 2 weeks to get copies of my statements.

NO HELP ! A NIGHTMARE ! I Called Lowes Corporate twice, and they just put me to Synchrony automated system, the same place that denied me HELP. IS IT A SCAM ?

Why am I paying on all the pmts. I ALREADY HAD MADE ? How did they remove the interest, but not deduct the Promo payment from the balance ? How is it every time I called to check, nobody told me in the past verbally, or by letter, that NONE of my promos were being paid/deducted?

I know my regular balance was far less than the promos, and is still there.

IS IT A SCAM, LOWES ? IS IT A SCAM, Synchrony Bank ?

Product or Service Mentioned: Synchrony Bank Credit Card.

Reason of review: Promotional payments not allocated, though I called every time for Synchrony to do so.

Preferred solution: For them to credit and deduct my intended payments.

Synchrony Bank Cons: Lies, And potential scam.

• Synchrony Bank Nightmare